Welcome to Fair Trade Manitoba
Posted April 30th 2013
Fair Trade Fortnight is May 1 – 15, 2013. This is when everyone gets together to do fun activities in support of Fair Trade, from big public events, to special promotions in stores, to quiet efforts at home.
This year, Fair Trade Canada is launching a Karma Campaign (the idea is to promote doing good things, including using fair trade). So Fair Trade Manitoba will be offering a “karmic” opportunity for six businesses that support fair trade and who carry Camino products. Do good things and fair trade happens!
- Future Mother’s Days Powered by Fair Trade Flowers? | Posted April 11th 2013
- Manitoba’s First Ever Carrotmob | Posted February 27th 2013
- One-Month Challenge 2013 | Posted February 5th 2013
- Win Big with Fair Trade Manitoba’s Facebook Quiz | Posted October 22nd 2012
- Manitoba Liquor Control Commission wins Canadian Fair Trade Award | Posted October 12th 2012
- News archive
Fair Trade FAQs
How do I know that a product is really a fair trade product?
The term “fair trade” is not copyrighted or regulated in Canada, so any company can use it to describe their products. So as they say, “consumer, beware.”
Fair Trade Leaders
Fair Trade Manitoba recognizes groups and organizations that have fair trade purchasing policies – not only for one month, but as an ongoing element of their operations.
If your Manitoba-based organization has adopted a fair trade purchasing policy, please contact us and we will gladly add you to the list. We hope it grows by leaps and bounds!